Tuesday, November 06, 2001

Virtues of Walking
***
All truely great thoughts are conceived while walking.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

***
Few people know how to take a walk.
The qualifications are endurance,plain clothes,
old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity,
good speech, good silence and nothing too much.

- Ralph W Emerson


***
It is impossible to walk rapidly and be unhappy.
- Mother Teresa

***
Above all do not loose your desire to walk.
Everyday I walk myselfinto a state of well being and
walk away from every illness.




I have walked myself into my best thoughts
and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.

But by sitting still, and the more one sits still, the closer one comes to feeling ill...

if one keeps on walking everything will be alright.

- Soren Kierkegaard




***



There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country. A finelandscape is like a piece of music; it must be taken at the righttempo. Even a bicycle goes too fast.

- Paul S Mowrer


***
I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.

- G M Trevelyan

***

From "Sacred Space" in ToI dt Oct 18 2005.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home