Thursday, May 03, 2001

Nature is what we see
Nature is what we see;
The hill; the Afternoon;
Squirrel; Eclipse; the Bumble bee;
Nay; Nature is Heaven
Nature is what we hear;
The Bobolink, the See;
Thunder; The Cricket;
Nay; Nature is Harmony
Nature is what we know;
Yet have no art to say;
So impotent our Wisdom is
To her simplicity.

Heaven Is What I Cannot Reach!
Heaven is what I cannot reach!
The apple on the tree,
Provided it do hopeless hang,
That "heaven" is, to me.

The color on the cruising cloud,
The interdicted ground
Behind the hill,
the house behind,
There Paradise is found!
-- Emily Dickinson

It's economical
I hope you love birds, too.
It is economical.
It saves going to Heaven.
- Emily Dickinson

Three Things to Remember
Three Things to Remember
A Robin Redbreast in a cage,
Puts all Heaven in a rage.
A skylark wounded on the wing
Doth make a cherub cease to sing.
He who shall hurt the little wren
Shall never be beloved by men.
--- William Blake

If I could live again my life,
In the next - I'll try,- to make more mistakes,
I won't try to be so perfect,
I'll be more relaxed,
I'll be more full - than I am now,
In fact, I'll take fewer things seriously,
I'll be less hygenic,
I'll take more risks,
I'll take more trips,
I'll watch more sunsets,
I'll climb more mountains,
I'll swim more rivers,
I'll go to more places - I've never been,
I'll eat more ice creams and less (lime) beans,
I'll have more real problems - and less imaginary ones,
I was one of those people who liveprudent and prolific lives -each minute of his life,
Off course that I had moments of joy - but,if I could go back I'll try to have only good moments,
If you don't know - thats what life is made of,Don't lose the now!
I was one of those who never goes anywherewithout a thermometer,without a hot-water bottle,and without an umberella and without a parachute.
If I could live again - I will travel light,
If I could live again - I'll try to walk bare feet at the beginning of spring till the end of autumn,
I'll ride more carts,
I'll watch more sunrises and play with more children,
If I have the life to live - but now I am 85,- and I know that I am dying ...
- Jorge Luis Borges (Translated by Ursula)

The sun, with all those plants revolving around it and dependent uponit, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in theuniverse to do.
-Galileo

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcomethan the most luxurious Persian rug.
- Helen Keller

Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendingsand communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, astaught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of ourblessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, andas beautiful as life.
- John Muir

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home