Saturday, May 05, 2001


Vacation Bound – G V Roberts

With an open road before me
And a weary world behind
A blue sky up above me
And my troubles hard to find.

With my face kissed by the sunshine
Whipped by stinging winds that blow
Sweetly bathed in silver raindrops
That’s the life which I go.

There is carpet green and mossy
’Neath my city tired feet
There are songs of birds to cheer me
Softly low and softly sweet.

In the ripples of a streamlet
In the touch of thistledown
I shall learn the joy of living
And forget to sigh and frown.

There is joy in songs of songbirds
And there is happiness in trees
There’s dream in every flower
And a gladness in the breeze.

There is music in the meadow
Where the grasses sway and dance
That awakes dormant longing
Stirred a new by nature’s glance.

O, the dreamy peace of valleys
Where the wild roses sweetly grow
O, the carefree joy of hilltops
Where the playful breeze grow….

Join me in this great adventure,
Let your tortured soul go free
For the wonderous charm of Nature’s
Calling you and calling me.
**************
Step Into My Garden – Wilfred Beaver

When I step into my garden
In the cool of an early dawn
There I see a hundred faces
Smiling in the misty morn !

How I love the world at sunrise,
Then all fretful cares depart ,
When the dew is on the flowers
And a song is in my heart

Every bird note is a carol
In the silence of a quite dawn
Filling all the air with music
In the hush of early morn

Every bud and every flower
Is a touch of heavenly art
When the dew is on the roses
And a song is in my heart.

******************************
" INVITATION " - Ethelyn M Kincher

Come and ride with me to the mountainside
Where the road leads up and the world is wide

Come and bring your dreams that have gone astray,
You will find new ones on my tree-lined way.

Come and tour with me to the canyon's rim
And listen spellbound to nature's hymn.

Come and lift your eyes to the star - hushed night
And release your soul for the wind's delight.

You will know at last that your heart is free
When you follow this path and ride with me.

****************
Longing for the Mountain – Carmon F. Becker



There is a place where I long to be,
A place in mountain high & Free.

Away from the routine, procedures and strife,
Where one draws nearer to the beauties of life.

Where lonely streams plunge to depths below,
Churning from summits of sparkling snow;

Where the lawrel, aspen and lofty pine,
Remain untouched as in the beginning of time.

Where bright red poppies untrampled by feet,
Lift to the heavens, which they seemingly meet .

Where the eagle in his domain so majestically fair,
Reels by the hour in the turbulent air.

Where at twilight is heard the voice of the thrush,
Which leaves me oblivious to the modern day rush.


**************
A Mountain Creek - Raymond R. Hopkins

In the forest depths is a mountain stream
Where the rainbows tinged with a golden gleam
And a glimpse gives birth to the awed sunrise
You have entered the portals of paradise

There are rocky steeps where the waters pour
And crash beneath with a booming roar,
Then quite down and begin to creep
Conversing its load of cones,
Chuckling in merry under stones

If you want to set your soul on fire
Just visit this land of the heart’s desire,
For the finest pleasures that one may seek
Hover like halos round a mountain creek .

******************************

PEACE – C. M. Schramn


As I sit beside the ocean
And I listen to its roar
All my thoughts are washed as clean there
As the rocks along the shore

All my cares becomes as small there
As sand the waves have crushed
And my mind becomes as still there
As the tree the wind has hushed

And I empty all my soul out
On ebbing of the tide
And I’m filled to overflowing
With a peace that comes inside.

**************
He who Plants A Rose – Grace Noll Crowell

He who plants a rose plants a beauty;
He who waters it until it grows,
A radiant throbbing thing of poignant glory
Serves mankind , oh , much better than he knows

He who plants a rose plants a splendor;
Breathless rapture flung across the sod
A light to shake the soul and lift the spirit
Up to the high white citadel of god

He who plants a rose plants triumph
Mastering the brown reluctant soil
He lifts at last a brave bright showing
Of beauty, splendor, triumph for his soil.

******************************
SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids?
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Do you run through each day
On the fly?
When you ask How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?
You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
Not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time
To call and say,"hi"
You'd better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....Thrown away.
Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.

*******************
Sunset – Eethel B. Null

Have you ever watched the Sun
As it sinks in the western sky
And another day is ended
As the soft wind moans and sigh ?

It may be a beautiful sunset
Of reds, purple, blue and gold
But the day is gone forever
As we watch the beauty unfold

Have you made use of every moment
Or have you wasted your time today
As the sun goes to rest at eventide
Marking time on life’s highway ?

Remember today is yestrday of tomorrow,
Then follow the golden rule each day
Forget the discord and sorrow
In the beauty of the sunset today

Have you helped a fellow traveler
As you travel down life’s highway?
Then you are ready to greet the sunset
At the ending of the day

With a heart filled with peace and comfort
With a smile and prayers on your lips,
You have won the greatest reward life offers
As master of your own life’s ship
******************************
Come, Climb with me …- D. L. Duncan

Come, Climb with me a Mountain,
Let me show you heven’s front door,
Where God looks out on his children,
From twilight through early dawn.

The walk is paved with the rocks of time,
Rugged and whether worn,
While the rain washes free and
the wind sweeps it clean,
And Man’s inspiration reborn.


The stairway that leads towards the gates above
Is solid and stayed and true,
And the portals are always open wide
Revealing a world always new.

The flower will bid you a welcome
No kingly domain can boast,
And the clear clean streams will refresh your soul
More than any majestic toast !

So leave behind your sorrows and woes,
Dispel all your misery ; come climb with me a mountain,
And I will show you god’s majesty .


***********

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home